- Theory & Practice
- Teaching & Training
- Convention & Awards
- Executive Committee & Task Forces
- Directory, Resources, & Links
Be Part of the Conversation
Division 56 was founded to keep trauma and its effects at the forefront of the conversation within the American Psychological Association. We are focused on bringing together clinicians, researchers, educators, and policy makers to ensure this goal is met across all domains of practice. Join us and contribute to this conversation by submitting to one of our publications, posting on social media, participating in one of our committees, or running for a leadership position.
A Model Division
Since the Division was established in 2006, we have continually expanded our reach in ways that belie the youth of the organization. We strive to live up to our mission, as evidenced by:
- Our membership continues to grow, and we are among the middle tier of APA divisions. APA considers us a model for the recruitment and retention of members, particularly early career psychologists. We appreciate each one of you who has made this possible.
- We are engaged in interdivisional activities with a number of other well-established groups in APA, and are being sought out by other organizations for collaborative projects.
- We are continually looking for ways to utilize technology, such as our webinar series, to increase the dissemination of the various projects Division 56 members and leadership have completed.