Convention & Training
Division 56 is excited to share our program for this year’s virtual convention. We continued to be thankful that convention provides a safe place for us to learn, as well as sadness that we will not have a chance to connect in person. Please search for Division 56 in the online convention program and add the content as a favorite for your review. Please see our convention guide and suite program for more information. Please join us for our awards ceremony on Saturday August 14, 2021 at 4pm PST/5pm MST/6pm CST/7pm EST. You can get the log in information from our Executive Director, Caitlin Smith (email@example.com).
Presidential Address – Continuing Education
- When Does Processing Begin? Challenging Myths That Effective Treatment Is Being Delayed (60 minutes)
Please join us at Thursday, August 12th from 11AM-1PM EST for a exciting updates on efforts to increase trauma-informed material in psychology curriculum.
- The Inclusion of Trauma Into the Psychology Curriculum: Recent Initiatives (120 minutes)
Symposia – Continuing Education
The following presentations will be available on demand until 11/15/21. Please note that you can only take the CE quiz twice!
- The Inconvenient Truth: A Panel on Race and Trauma (60 minutes)
- Accounting for Race and Ethnicity in Interpersonal Victimization: Bias, Resilience, and Prevention (60 minutes)
- Trauma, Grief, and Resilience in Response to COVID-19 (60 minutes)
- Existential and Intersection Themes in Trauma-Informed Affirmative Care: Three Case Studies (60 minutes)
- Trauma in High-Risk Populations: Women, Women of Color, and LGBTQ Individuals (60 minutes)
- Trauma-and Stressor-Related Disorders During COVID-19: An Account of Pathways to Caseness (60 minutes)
- Research-Informed Ways to Help Patients With Dissociative Disorders (DDs) Progress in Treatment (60 minutes)
Symposia – No CE Credit
- Addressing the Needs of Traumatized Children and Families during COVID-19 (60 minutes)
- Expanding Our Understanding of Dissociation: New Findings Across Diverse Racial Groups and Ages (60 minutes)
- Adapting and Flexing Trauma-Focused Treatments for PTSD During the COVID-19 Pandemic (60 minutes)
- Methodological Innovations in Trauma Research (60 minutes)
- Promoting Trauma-Informed Care at the State and Organizational Level (60 minutes)
- Skills for Using Mindfulness and Meditation for Trauma-Related Dissociation (60 minutes)