Convention & Training
Division 56 is proud to present the most up to date material on research, policy, theory, and practice at the annual convention of the American Psychological Association (APA). Each year we carefully select the most rigorous, informative content for our members and the field of trauma psychology. Please watch for announcements from APA pertaining to the deadlines for collaborative and individual programs toward the end of each year.
We also honor those making particularly impactful contributions to our field during our annual awards ceremony. Division 56 is committed to providing as much of the convention material as possible to our members; please check our archives for valuable information. Please contact the convention and awards-related committees if you are interested in participating or nominating a colleague.
REGISTER HERE for the APA 2020 Virtual Convention
Division 56 programming for the 2020 APA Virtual Convention:
Presidential Keynote Panels:
Panelists: Laura S. Brown, PhD ~ Diane Elmore Borbon, PhD, MPH ~ Seven D. Hollon, PhD Ani Kalayjan, EdD, DSc ~ Pamela P. Remer, PhD ~ Paula P. Schnurr, PhD ~ Anneliese A. Singh, PhD Carolyn B. Allard, PhD, ABPP (Chair)
Moderators: Rev. Mpho Tutu van Furth & Ven. Thubten Jigme
- An unrehearsed, unscripted role-modeling of how to have courageous conversations around having different perspectives, followed by live Q&A with audience members.
- Watch the courageous conversation at APA2020Virtual or on our HomeStudy platform here
Panelists: Thema Bryant-Davis, PhD, David S Bathory, PsyD, Marylène Cloitre, PhD Anne P. DePrince, PhD, Dean G. Kilpatrick, PhD, Sheila A.M. Rauch, PhD, ABPP & Carolyn B. Allard, PhD, ABPP (Chair)
- Panelists share their experiences bridging 2 or more domains of research, practice, education, social justice and/or policy advocacy, and brainstorm initial recommendations to increase inclusive cross-collaborations (e.g., in publishing, grants, practice guidelines, etc)
- Watch the Thinktank at APA2020Virtual or on our HomeStudy platform here
Awards Ceremony: The Division 56 annual awards for 2020, Friday, August 7th, 5:30-6:30 EST
- Please join us in celebrating our award recipients and their fantastic work for Trauma Psychology!
Virtual Hospitality Suite Events: Please contact Jessica Punzo at midpathpsych(at)gmail(dot)com for more details.
- Culturally Responsive Interventions for Women of Color Survivors of Interpersonal Trauma
- Trauma-Informed Supervision
- Promoting a Trauma-Informed Hospital across Various Contexts: Theory and Practical Considerations
- Trauma-Informed Care: Addressing the Needs of Immigrant Children and Unaccompanied Minors
- Community Support Engagement following Trauma Exposure: Implications for Recovery
- Global Sex Trafficking: Trafficker Profiles, Prevention, and Intervention
- Prevention of Sexual Abuse and Promotion of Emotional Safety in Educational Settings
- Social and Community Factors in Prevention and Recovery from Interpersonal Violence