Division 56 Grants and Awards
New Grant Deadline: September 15, 2020
Please click on the grant title above to download the announcement.
Description: The purpose of this grant is to support student or early career psychologist (ECP; i.e., 10 years within receipt of their degree) led collaborative projects aimed at identifying and dismantling all forms of systemic racism, discrimination, and violence. Examples include projects focused on the following:
• Improving transdisciplinary and intervention research methods and approaches addressing trauma disparities
• Understanding the historical and ongoing sociopolitical and systemic causes, mechanisms, consequences and solutions to racial trauma and health disparities
• Identifying the ways in which individuals identifying as BIPOC and their communities thrive
• Developing trauma-informed, culturally tailored and sustainable programs that promote well-being
• Providing access to trauma psychology information and services to underserved individuals and communities
• Restorative justice practices
* * * * *
Division 56 Awards Deadline: April 1, 2021
Winners of the Division 56 awareds will be announced at the APA Convention in August - so everyone can know what great work you do!
Outstanding Contributions to Practice in Trauma Psychology
Outstanding Contributions to the Science in Trauma Psychology
Outstanding Service to the Field of Trauma Psychology
Lifetime Achievement Award
Outstanding Contributions to Trauma Psychology by an Early Career Psychologist
Award for Media Contributions to the Field of Trauma Psychology
Early Career Award for Ethnic Minority Psychologist in Trauma Psychology
Deadline is May 15, 2020
All you need is a CV and a nominating letter - so easy!
Send your applications (in 1 PDF please) to Yo Jackson email@example.com - with the subject Div 56 Award (and the name of the award)